Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Best Story of All

Last night we had the opportunity to take Duckling to see the circus. (Before he was born, we used to dream about all the fun things we would do with our baby. And then he arrived and we realized that all he wanted to do was eat and sleep. We've decided two years old is when they start getting fun. We call it "the terrific two's".) As I watched all of the remarkable acts, I couldn't help but wonder what my little boy will do when he grows up. Will he ride horses or motorcycles? Or fly airplanes or helicopters? What will his hobbies and interests be? I was overwhelmed with a certain amount of anticipation. But then, of course, I realized that I didn't want to fast forward through his life and miss all the good parts. Raising Duckling is like reading a really good book: I'm not looking back at the beginning, I'm not peaking at the end, I'm simply enjoying every page.

No comments:

Post a Comment