Sunday, February 19, 2012

WARNING: You Will Probably Be Offended By This Post!!!!

I'm not supposed to write about anything we do with business or people we do photography for. But I'm breaking that rule for the moment because I'm mad. Yesterday we drove 45 minutes to do some photography for friends of my in-laws and are getting very little in return, mostly experience. What really gets me mad though, was hearing over and over and OVER again, "Oh, we hope you this works out for you", "Oh, we hope this just blossoms for you!", "Oh, we hope you can find people who will pay for this because it is just beautiful!", "Oh, we hope you can make this work in this dumpy economy!"

I AM SICK OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in the process of changing my thinking to see a world of abundance, not a world of annihilation and desperation. And truth be told, I believe this principle to be doctrine, not just wishful thinking.

D&C 117:7
Therefore, will I not make solitary places to bud and to blossom, and to bring forth in abundance? saith the Lord.

D&C 49:19
For, behold, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the air, and that which cometh of the earth, is ordained for the use of man for food and for raiment, and that he might have in abundance.

D&C 101:75
There is even now already in store sufficient, yea, even an abundance, to redeem Zion, and establish her waste places, no more to be thrown down, were the churches, who call themselves after my name, willing to hearken to my voice.

D&C 104:17
For the earth is full, and there is enough and to spare; yea, I prepared all things, and have given unto the children of men to be agents unto themselves.

2 Nephi 5:11
And the Lord was with us; and we did prosper exceedingly; for we did sow seed, and we did reap again in abundance. And we began to raise flocks, and herds, and animals of every kind.

2 Nephi 18:24
And it came to pass that we did begin to till the earth, and we began to plant seeds; yea, we did put all our seeds into the earth, which we had brought from the land of Jerusalem. And it came to pass that they did grow exceedingly; wherefore, we were blessed in abundance.

I don't believe in social injustice. I don't believe in a bad economy. There are plenty of people out there who can pay for what we have to offer. We've been practicing on friends and family though so that we can perfect our craft. The ranks of the affluent are growing and that isn't a bad thing. It's an incredibly good thing. If you read about the lives of most affluent people, they didn't become affluent by being born that way. (Rich people don't have enough kids to grow the wealthy population on mere reproduction alone.) Most affluent people thought big and outside of the box, worked hard, and rose to the top- many of them after bankruptcy, war, homelessness, poverty, deprivation, abuse, and disability.

The only thing that holds us back from a life of abundance is our own perception of scarcity. I know this to be true. I just have a difficult time believing and living it; but I KNOW it's true. As I look back at my life now, I see all the things I could have done differently. Nobody was holding me back but me.

Anyone who tells you that we are facing the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression is feeding you a load of crap. Yeah, gas prices have climbed, but at least we don't have to wait in line in our cars hoping and praying that there will be gas at the pumps like in the 1973 oil crisis.
People line up around the block to get the new iPhone, not soup. The mortgage market bottomed out because we trying to live beyond our means- and I've been there before that's why I can say this. Remember folks, I'm LIVING IN MY IN-LAWS' BASEMENT.

So if you want see the world as being dependent on dumb luck, the economy, being born to rich parents, etc., that's fine. But don't tell me about it. I can't live in a sanitized world where everyone thinks positively. I have to be able to rely on my own positive thinking. But do me a favor while I'm transitioning, and keep your moans and groans about how there's not enough in the world to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment